What is Yoga? The word Yoga means to ‘yoke’ or ‘unite’ in the ancient Indian language Sanskrit and is not just physical fitness training. It is an ancient holistic tradition inclusive of contemplation and meditation. Yoga covers the physical, sensory, emotional, mental and spiritual aspects.
In its most diluted form, it is enjoyed as a fitness regime, successfully promoting health and physical wellbeing. Practices such as Hatha Yoga bring the mind and body into alignment and synchronization, developing strength and flexibility to enable you to sit in meditation including the discipline and self-control required for this. Through asana (posture) and pranayama (breathing exercise), it is the gateway to reach the deeper levels of meditation thus awakening true wisdom, joy, and compassion.
Yoga postures both ease stiffness and create muscular strength so that pain is eased and the backbone is given strong muscular support.
- Yoga is particularly good at alleviating stress conditions
- Meditation and the breathing exercises calm the mind
- Breathing exercises also relax the breath and calm an increased heart rate
- Postures release physical tension in the body
- Emotions are relaxed through relaxation sequences and with the release of tension in the other areas mentioned above.
Group (4 People): $30 per session
Starting Time: 8 AM
Duration: 75 minutes
Individual/ Personalised: $80
Starting Time: By Appointment
Duration: 60 minutes