General Retreat Information
Ayurveda Village, Adelaide Hills, South Australia
In order to make our Ayurveda retreats accessible, we offer short and longer retreats that run from 1 to 7 days (or longer if you wish to extend further). You can attend our 1, 3 or 7-day retreats as a fully inclusive guest where you stay at the Village and all meals and drinks are provided. Alternatively, you can attend these retreats on a daily basis where morning tea, lunch and a light afternoon tea is provided (no accommodation).
Our 1-day retreats start at 8.00 am and finish at 4.00 pm. If you are attending our 3, 5 or 7-day retreats on a daily basis, your program will begin at 8.00 am and end around 4.00 pm each day.
If you are an all-inclusive retreat guest, your program will begin at 8.00 am and dinner is served at 6.00 pm.
‘Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food’ Hippocrates
Food and nutrition play a huge part in the Ayurvedic lifestyle, and at Ayurveda Village, we follow a plant-based vegetarian diet. Ayurveda classifies food into three different types (Vata, Pitta and Kapha) and different herbs and food types will be used as part of your treatment to aid digestion, balance the doshas, boost your immunity and help detox the body.
Our experienced Ayurvedic cooks prepare delicious and nutritious wholefood meals, fruits, vegetables and herbal drinks, which are custom-made to support your unique dosha (constitution) and healing goals. We provide three meals daily, delicious and nutritious snacks, and a light morning and afternoon tea.
Our cooks are happy to cater for a range of diets, including gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan, so please let us know your dietary requirements and we will prepare your meals in line with your needs.
Just like diet, your daily routine can greatly impact your health and wellbeing. Our practitioners will introduce you to various aspects of the Ayurvedic lifestyle during your stay, including our recommended daily routine and self-care practices.
Our daily Ayurvedic routines are designed to align your biological clock (circadian rhythm) with nature. A circadian rhythm is the natural, internal process that regulates the sleep-wake cycle and other behavioural and physiological processes in the body, including immunity, hormone production, and metabolism. When these rhythms are disrupted, it can lead to various health problems, including sleep, mood and metabolic disorders.
By practising Ayurvedic routines (including yoga, meditation and breathwork) during your stay, you will be able to experience their benefits which include a reduction in stress, improvement in the quality of your sleep and a greater sense of physical and emotional balance in your life.
What To Bring
Only bring what you need. Less is more. Our retreats are designed to provide a nurturing, supportive, all-inclusive environment to promote healing and wellbeing. Our dedicated team will nurture you and provide all of your meals and drinks, so you only need to pack warm, comfortable clothes and walking shoes or sneakers so you can explore the grounds.
Our rooms are equipped with hairdryers, and we provide a bathrobe, shampoo, conditioner and hand and body lotion, so you only need to bring your toothbrush, toothpaste and favourite toiletries.
Whilst we provide slippers, you are welcome to bring your own slippers or indoor shoes as no outdoor shoes should be worn inside the buildings.
Package Retreat Exclusions
Our retreats do not include any personal expenses, e.g. laundry or any additional herbal supplements that the Ayurvedic Doctor may recommend.
We encourage clients to undertake a digital detox as part of our retreat programs, so the use of electronic equipment is discouraged. Our buildings feature specially protected windows to block electromagnetic fields and radio frequencies, and there is no TV or Wi-Fi on the premises.
We understand that you may need to contact friends and family whilst at the retreat, so mobile phones are permitted but can not be used inside the buildings. If you need to make a call, please go outside and be mindful not to disturb the other guests.
Bookings & Payments
- GST is included in all prices.
- A $500 deposit is required at the time of booking to secure your reservation for 3-day retreats or longer.
- Pre-payment is required in full at the time of booking to secure your reservation for our one-day retreats.
- Retreats are subject to minimum numbers. Should these not be reached, management reserves the right to contact you and postpone your retreat date for a later date within a 12 month period.
- If you fail to arrive, arrive on a date other than your confirmed booking date, or you leave early, your payment is non-refundable, and the booking is non-transferable to another date.
- The full balance must be paid 14 days before the retreat begins.
- Your booking is considered confirmed once your payment is received by Ayurveda Village.
- Payments are non-refundable but can be transferred to another date or person within a 12 month period (fees apply).
- If you postpone within 14 days of the start of a retreat, an amendment fee of $500 will apply. If you postpone 15 days or more before the start of the retreat, an amendment fee of $50 is payable.
- Ayurveda Village is not responsible for any costs associated with travel arrangements and recommend that interstate guests purchase suitable travel insurance.
- Ayurveda Village applies a surcharge of A$15 transaction to cover banking fees.